Which of the following is NOT a benefit of using an independent contractor?
Question 1 options:
Business does not have to pay for unemployment insurance for independent contractors.
Business does not have to pay for workers’ compensation insurance for independent contractors.
Businesses only have to withhold state and federal income taxes from the independent contractor’s paycheck.
Businesses do not have to pay social security or medicare taxes for independent contractors.
Question 2 (2 points)
The intellectual property rights to any works created by an independent contractor will belong to the client, unless the work falls into what categories?
1. a contribution to a collective work (magazine, encyclopedia, catalog raisonne)
2. part of an audio visual work (movie screenplay)
3. a translation
4. supplementary work ( foreward, maps, charts, index)
5. a compilation (electronic database)
6. an instructional text
7. a test
8. answer material for a test
9. an atlas
Question 2 options:
Question 3 (2 points)
Question 3 options:
Among the legal burdens that are placed upon the employer/employee relationship that do not burden the independent contractor relationship is the application of the doctrine of: _____________