FIU Leukemia Disease Question
This assignment must be completed and submitted on a Microsoft word document. Also, this assignment must be submitted to the course Turn It In assignment dropbox area by the assigned due date, for review and grading. Failure to submit via Turn It In assignment dropbox area will cause a “0” numeric grade. No assignments are accepted via course email and/or FIU email. No EXCEPTIONS!!
Disease/ Disorder Research Assignment is worth 100 points (15%) of your course weighted grade. The assignment must be in APA format (i.e. font size 12 font, font names that should be used are times new roman or Calabria (not both), normal margins (no more than 1 inch), double spaced). The assignment requires a min. of 5-10 pages or 1,000-2,500-word count (Excluding title and reference pages). A minimum of two (2) references are required in proper APA format. References can come from a refereed peer-reviewed journal article, course textbook, and/or a credible internet source.
Choose a disease or disorder to research and complete and submit a Written Report on a word document. The disease or disorder can be associated with one of the chapters covered in this course.
Epilepsy, Spina Bifida, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, Congenital Heart Disease, Hemophilia, Cardiovascular disease, Celiac Disease, Crohn‘s Disease, Lung Cancer, Leukemia, Hodgkin’s Disease, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Glomerular Disease, Cirrhosis of the liver, Diabetes (Type 1 & 2), ALS, Leprosy, AIDs, Fibromyalgia, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
- If you want, you can use one of the example topics, however, you are not required to use the example topics provided. In addition, you are not required to obtain approval from the instructor for your disease or disorder topic of choice. Make sure that you are addressing all criteria within the assignment
Use the following questions below as a template and address all questions within your written assignment.
- The Disease/Disorder Research Assignment is worth 100 points (15%) of your course weighted grade. A minimum of two (2) references are required in proper APA format. References can come from a refereed peer-reviewed journal article, course textbook, and or an Internet source. The following below should be included in your assignment:
- This assignment requires 5-10 pages or 1,000-2,500-word count (Excluding Title and Reference Page). The assignment MUST be typed and submitted on a Word Document, font size 12 font, font names that should be used are times new roman or Cambria (not both), normal margins (no more than 1 inch), double spaced.
The following must be included in your written paper:
- Title Page:
- Title of your disease or disorder
- Visual of the disease/disorder
- Include first and last name, panther Id, date, course
- General detailed overview of the disease or disorder
- What part of the body does it affect?
- How does the disease or disorder affect the body?
- Include pathological information: How does this disease affect the body system? How would the body system function normally?)
- Forms or other types of the disease or disorder
- Explain the Causes
- What causes the disease or disorder?
- How is the disease or disorder transmitted?
- Explain the Incidence
- How many people does this disease or disorder affect?
- Does it affect a certain age group?
- Does it affect a certain ethnic group?
- What is the Mortality Rate?
- Explain the Signs and Symptoms of the disease or disorder
- Explain the Diagnosis
- What tests do the doctors run to determine whether a person has the disease or disorder?
- Explain the Treatment
- What are the treatment options?
- Is there a cure? If not, how can one maintain a level of health?
- Explain Prevention
- Are there any ways to prevent this disease/disorder?
- Discuss relevant information? (First aid, current research, Foundations, etc.) related to your disease/disorder.
- Discuss the reason why you chose this disease/disorder (a case you read or experienced/story of someone living with this disease).
- Reference Page:
- Must include a minimum of TWO references (APA format). Your references can be from refereed journal articles, textbooks, and or credible Internet sources.